About the Company
The View on Hannans is a 4-star (120 rooms )with a licensed restaurant, located in Kalgoorlie.Kal Brew.Co restaurant offers breakfast and dinner ( buffet and/or a la carte) and room service to guests of the Motel.
Tasks & Responsibilities
You will work with the team and manage the day-to-day operations of a busy Motel with Lic Restaurant.
Supervision and training of front office staff
using Micros Opera PMS,employment and training of staff including, housekeeping, F&B and/or maintenance teams.Working with the Directors to provide and maintain exellent customer service for guests,contractors and groups who visit Kalgoorlie for work and holidays.
You will have a high standard of English both written and spoken with qualifications in business and/or hospitality.
- Manage onsite operations and live in accommodation onsite.
- Maintain the Computer and security systems on your shift and manage group bookings and events.
- HR experience and employment processes,requirements and procedures.
- Stock control and supervising the orders for the motel and restaurant.
- Staff training in departments including reception, restaurant and housekeeping duties including staff interviews and supervision.
- Managing and rostering staff in various departments.
- Ensuring the motel rooms, restaurant and grounds are maintained to a high standard.
- Maintain budgets and expenses for the business.
- Ensuring compliance with Work Health & Safety Regulations
- Maintaining a strong team ethos
- Preparation of front office accounts,records and reporting with Perth office
Qualifications & experience
You will have at least 3 years demonstrated experience in a similar role:
- Diploma or higher in hospitality management.
- High standard of both written and spoken English and accounts.
- Front office operations & Hotel PMS software
- Food and Beverage operations and front of House training and supervision of kitchen operations.
- Rooms divisions management
- An approved Managers Licence
- A current valid Driver’s Licence
- A recent Police clearance
- A sound knowledge of marketing and advertising
- onsite accommodation provided
- Excellent computer and administrative skills with Microsoft Office
- accounting systems fir weekly reporting and employment contracts
- an advantage
- Knowledge of PMS systems (Opera or Fidelio)
- Willingness to use initiative and assist in problem solving
- Ability to manage conflict
- Excellent customer service & communication skills
- Staff self contained Accommodation ( couple only no children or pets) onsite will be provided.
- An attractive salary package is offered with an opportunity to advance your management career.