The health, safety and wellbeing of our guests & staff is always our top priority.
We are committed to maintaining a clean & and safe environment for our guests and have implemented a number of measures to ensure your stay is a safe and enjoyable one.
All guests must produce photo ID at check-in, of which the motel will record and retain a copy. You must also present your credit card at check-in to guarantee payment of any incidental charges.
Statement on Cleaning Protocols
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure the safety of our guests and associates. We have been closely monitoring the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization statements regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). We are working to ensure that we meet the latest guidance on hygiene and cleaning. Our hotels’ health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures.
Specific steps include:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our team are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. It’s important for their health and that of our guests.
- Training: Ongoing training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols.
- Information: We are keeping up to date with the latest news and information on how to prepare for and respond to COVID-19.
- Guest Rooms: Our hotel uses cleaning and disinfecting protocols to clean rooms after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Hotels have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counter at the front desk, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Back of House: In the spaces where associates work “behind the scenes,” we are increasing the frequency of cleaning and focusing on high-touch areas like associate entrances, bathrooms and staff offices.
Kal Brew Co. COVID Safety Plan:
In addition to the above measures, Kal Brew Co. has implemented a Western Australian Government COVID Safety Plan for Food Businesses which includes:
- 1.5m physical distancing between staff at all times
- Tables spaced minimum of 1.5m from each other, allowing for 4sqm per person
- 20 dine-in patrons at any time
- Floor spacing markers at till
- Posters to remind patrons of physical distancing and the symptoms of COVID-19
- No large groups, meetings or events will be allowed until Phase 3
- Alcohol is only to be served with a meal
- Contact free service, where possible
- Carefully manage waiting areas to ensure social distancing
- Cleaning and sanitising checklist completed before and after each shift, to be signed off by hygiene officer
- Every staff member to complete COVID-19 hygiene course
- Hygiene manager always on duty
- Alcohol-based sanitiser provided for patrons
- Thorough and regular cleaning of common contact surfaces
- Every staff member to complete COVID-19 hygiene course. Certificate of participation must be submitted to Duty Manager prior to returning to work
- Daily shift briefing reminding our team of the importance of hygiene & safety
- Signage at all hand wash basins, reminding staff to wash hands frequently
- All staff to be aware of the symptoms of COVID-19, and advised not to attend work should they feel ill.
- Contact information including phone & email to be collected from all dine-in patrons
- Contact patrons only when there is a suspected exposure to COVID-19
- In case of suspected exposure, call COVID-19 hotline (1800 020 080) immediately and follow advice of health officials
- Ensure exposed person has safe transport to a medical facility
- Staff in contact with exposed person must monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for the next 14 days
- Clean & sanitise all contact surfaces thoroughly, open all doors and windows to facilitate air flow